Meet Jan Davis, the brains behind Blue Sage Research.
- Won the bookworm award in first grade.
- Spent hours at the kitchen table leafing through the World Book during her school years.
- Loved to research and write term papers in college.
- Visits libraries in every city she visits.
Jan Davis is President of Blue Sage Research. She recently located to San Miguel de Allende Mexico, where she is able to coordinate virtually a team of trained information specialists to provide business professionals with the data they need in a timely and cost effective manner. She started her company in May of 1997, and her primary clientele consists of financial analysts, business appraisers, CPAs, business brokers and economists.
Jan is the former library director at Willamette Management Associates and understands the research needed for business valuation reports and litigation support cases. Her five years of experience as Business/Economics librarian at Willamette University give Jan a strong background in academic research. She received her Masters in Library and Information Studies from UC Berkeley, and has over 20 years of experience in academic and corporate libraries.
Jan is an active member of the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP). Blue Sage Research abides by AIIP’s Code of Ethical Practice.
Jan frequently speaks on the art and science of Internet research. Her past speaking engagements include presentations at the following organizations:
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors
- American Society of Appraisers
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Association of Independent Information Professionals
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Illinois CPA Society
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- International Business Brokers Association
- IPT Property Tax Symposium
- Minnesota Annual Business Valuation Conference
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts Illinois State Chapter
- National Litigation Support Services Association
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Library Association
- Oregon State Bar CLE Seminars
- Special Library Association
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
If you are interested in having Jan speak to your organization, or obtain a bibliography of Jan’s presentations, contact her here.
Have any questions?
Use this form to get in touch.